So you want to launch your online course. You’ve got the idea. You’ve got the passion and know-how. And now you want to get it out there so others can benefit from your expertise. But how? If you don’t have any coding experience, is it even possible?
The good news is, yes, it is! Especially with the aid of the WordPress LMS plugin. WordPress provides a simple and powerful way to launch your online course in minutes. Building an online course is just part of the story. You also need to think about how you’ll deliver it to your audience. In most cases, a learning management system (LMS) is the best way to do this.
What is an LMS?
An LMS is a digital interface that can host courses, collect payments, send emails, and more. Think of them as the virtual “classroom” for your online course.
Although you could build your own LMS from scratch using code, most people choose to use a ready-made solution instead. There are over 40,000 plugins for WordPress and many of them allow you to create a fantastic-looking website without coding. You’ll be able to get started much faster, and they’re often cheaper too. Plus, they come with all the tools you need to launch a successful online course like analytics and marketing automation built right in.
Benefits of LMS WordPress plugin
Other than being cost effective and time savy, there are lots of other benefits of creating an LMS WordPress plugin:
1) You can easily add new courses with the click of a button. The plugin will automatically create all the pages and links necessary to publish your course.
2) You can change the design and theme of your website without losing any data or information that was previously recorded on your website. This makes it easier than ever before!
3) You can customize course pages, tags, and categories as per your need
4) You can integrate with other online course platforms through an API or iFrame to show courses from multiple sources and launch the course on mobile devices also.
5) You can monetize the course easily using e-commerce plugins
Let’s dive right in!
How to Create an Online Course Using LMS WordPress Plugin? (Step-by-Step)
Step 1: Setting Up Your WordPress Website
- To start with, choose the right host for your online WordPress site. There are many options available in the market.
- Then purchase a domain name from the host and also get their hosting plan which can be done at the same time as purchasing a domain name.
- Install and activate WordPress on your site and then you can start designing it as per your brand and business requirements using WordPress themes.
Step 2: Choose the Best Online Course Theme and Plugin
A theme helps decide how your website looks and feels good according to your brand, product, or service. However, not all themes are built equal and some of them may not be optimized for selling online courses.
Step 3: Install LMS Plugin and Configure Settings:
Aside from the theme, you’ll need to find an LMS plugin that works well with your theme. A WordPress LMS plugin gives you all of the features and functionality you’ll need to build a fully effective Elearning website. You need to choose an LMS plugin that works best for you according to your requirements such as Integration with other platforms like MailChimp, Paypal, Stripe, etc.
Step 4: Create New Courses, Lessons, and Quizzes
You can now return to the dashboard or begin creating a new course after the LMS setup procedure is complete. When you click Create a new course, you’ll be sent to the course builder page, where you can start adding courses, lessons, and quizzes to your LMS.
Step 5: Publish Your Course Curriculum
- As you have added courses, lessons, and quizzes, as well as customized the general course settings, you are ready to go live with your users. You may also get a short preview of how your course appears from the front end before that.
- If you’re satisfied with everything, you may click the Publish button. If you need to make any further changes, such as adding courses or quizzes, you may save it as a draft and publish it whenever you’re ready.
Creating an online course is a great way to earn money and grow your business. The best way to create an online course without any coding is to use the LMS WordPress plugin. With these easy steps, the LMS WordPress plugin lets you create, sell and manage membership programs and online courses on your WordPress website in no time.