Health Benefits of Plant Milk
Plant milk is a great alternative to cow’s milk for those who are looking for a dairy-free option. There are many plant milk options available in Singapore, so you can find one that best suits your needs and preferences.
Environmental Benefits of Plant Milk
These days, more and more people are looking for ways to live a more sustainable lifestyle. One way to do this is by choosing outstanding plant milk in Singapore over dairy milk. Not only is plant-based milk more environmentally friendly, it also has a number of other benefits.
For starters, plant-based milk requires far less water to produce than dairy milk. According to the National Resources Defense Council, it takes nearly 3 times as much water to produce a gallon of cow’s milk than it does to produce a gallon of soy milk.
In addition, producing plant-based milk generates far less greenhouse gas emissions than producing dairy milk. The NRDC reports that producing a gallon of cow’s milk emits the equivalent of nearly 3 pounds of carbon dioxide, while producing a gallon of soy milk emits the equivalent of just over 1 pound of carbon dioxide.
Finally, plant-based milks are often fortified with vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to our health, such as calcium and vitamin D. They also tend to be lower in saturated fat and cholesterol than dairy milk. So if you’re looking for a way to be kinder to the planet and your body, switch to plant-based Milk!
The Taste of Plant Milk
There are many different types of plant milk on the market these days. Soy milk, almond milk, cashew milk, and coconut milk are just some of the options available. But what do they taste like?
Soy milk is often praised for its creamy texture and Nutty flavour. It is also the closest to cow’s milk in terms of protein content.
Almond milk has a light, nutty taste and a slightly thicker consistency than soy milk. It’s also lower in calories and fat than soy milk.
Cashew Milk has a rich, creamy texture with a sweet nutty flavour. It’s also high in vitamins and minerals.
Coconut Milk has a refreshingly sweet taste with a hint of coconut flavour. It’s also rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
How to Make Plant Milk
If you’re looking for a delicious, dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk, you’ve come to the right place. Plant milk is a nutritious, vegan-friendly option that can be made from a variety of different sources, including almonds, cashews, oats, and soy.
The best part about plant milk is that it can be customised to your own personal taste. For example, if you like your milk on the sweeter side, simply add a bit more sweetness with agave nectar or honey. If you prefer a creamier consistency, add in a tablespoon or two of raw cashews. The possibilities are endless!
Here’s a basic recipe for how to make plant milk at home:
- 1 cup raw almonds (or other desired nut)
- 4 cups filtered water
- sweetener (optional)
- vanilla extract (optional)
- Soak the nuts overnight in filtered water. This will help to soften them and make them easier to blend.
- In the morning, drain and rinse the nuts before adding them to a high-powered blender with the filtered water.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Recipes Using Plant Milk
There are plenty of delicious recipes that can be made using plant milk! Here are a few of our favourites:
- Chocolate Plant Milk: This rich and creamy chocolate plant milk is the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth! Simply combine your favourite plant milk with some cacao powder and sweetener of choice, and blend until smooth.
- Strawberry Plant Milk Smoothie: Start your day with this refreshing strawberry plant milk smoothie! Simply combine plant milk, frozen strawberries, banana and a touch of honey in a blender, and blend until thick and creamy.
- Spiced Plant Milk Latte: This warming latte is perfect for colder days! Simply combine plant milk, your favourite spices (we love cinnamon and nutmeg) and strong coffee or espresso. Heat everything up until steaming hot, then enjoy!